Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum vs Reina Sofía Museum

I am planning my first visit to Madrid and as usual I have to leave many of the places I had originally planned to visit for future occasions. Unfortunately I only have four days.

Some places, such as the Prado Museum or the Royal Palace, I have already decided, but if you had to choose between the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum, with which of the two do you stay?

(*) This question has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #1: Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum vs Reina Sofía Museum

I would tell you the Reina Sofía Museum. Picasso's Guernica is a painting that deserves to be seen once in a lifetime. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza collection is very complete, without a doubt it is the best private gallery in the world, but for me none of its paintings transmit what Pablo Picasso's Guernica transmitted to me.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #2: Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum vs Reina Sofía Museum

Hello Julia, the question you raise is difficult to answer. They are two museums that cannot be compared, because from the outset they contain totally different art collections. The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum's collection is spectacular, but in my humble opinion none of its works can surpass Picasso's Guernica, which is exhibited at the Reina Sofia Museum, in importance. The works exhibited at the Reina Sofia Museum correspond mainly to modern art of the 20th century. The works on display at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, in a certain way, correspond more to those you can see at the Prado Museum, with the difference that the latter focuses on Italian Renaissance painting and works by Spanish painters. from all periods, while in the Thyssen-Bornemisza you can find works by Rubens, Rembrandt, Degas, Manet, Vincent van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne, as well as some works by El Greco, Caravaggio, Salvador Dalí or Pablo Picasso. I hope I have clarified something for you, but the final decision depends on your tastes. Either of the two you choose is a good option. Greetings.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

4     0      ... keep reading »

Things to do in Madrid

Best hotel deals in Madrid Booking.com

Booking.com

Travel Forums