Sorolla Museum Opinion

I have been several times in Madrid but I have never visited the Sorolla Museum. I have read on several sites that it is very good.

Have anyone visited it? Is it really worth it?

(*) This question has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #1: Sorolla Museum Opinion

The Sorolla Museum is a little treasure of Madrid. When you enter the house-museum it seems that you travel in time, you really move to the time of the painter. Everything is very careful and very well documented. It gives the feeling that he may still be in some corner of the house. I was surprised by the price of admission, only €3, considering the large quantity and quality of the works on display. We went on a Tuesday around 10:00 a.m., and that's why we paid entrance, but if you go on a Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. or on a Sunday morning, you don't pay entrance. Note that they are closed on Mondays.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #2: Sorolla Museum Opinion

We went on a Saturday afternoon, where there is no entrance fee, a bit to do something different and the truth is that we were very surprised. The museum is in a very stately house with a small garden that is a haven of peace and tranquility (worth the visit in itself). All the rooms in the house are fully furnished, so that almost without meaning to, you are transported back to the time when the painter was supposed to live and work there when he was in Madrid (Joaquín Sorolla was Valencian). I don't understand much about painting, but I have to tell you that Sorolla's paintings in the context of that house are very pleasing to the eye. Trust me you won't regret it if you decide to go.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

... keep reading »

Things to do in Madrid

Best hotel deals in Madrid Booking.com

Booking.com

Travel Forums