Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

My wife and I are planning to visit Amsterdam at the end of November, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We are mainly interested in museums ( Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House and Rembrandt House Museum ) and the channels.

We are not really sure about where to book the hotel, what is the best neighborhood to stay in Amsterdam ? Any recommendations for not overly expensive hotels in Amsterdam ?  We want to reach everything by foot, if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

... read more »

Re #1: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

How exciting! I recommend reserving a hotel in the charming Jordaan area for a romantic stay. It is renowned for its charming canals, inviting cafes, and specialty stores. You'll be close to many attractions and surrounded by the artistic vibe of the city. You can immerse yourself in art and culture by taking a short stroll to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. The Rembrandt House Museum and Anne Frank House offer fascinating glimpses into history, so don't miss them. Of course, take time to stroll alongside the picturesque canals as you make unforgettable memories with your loved ones. Enjoy this special trip!

Re #2: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

Nodotros recomendamos Qbic Wtc Amsterdam. Inmejorable comunicacion. A 50 metros de estacion de tren, metro y buses. Tranquilo, limpio.

Re #3: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

Amsterdam is a small city,  you can walk it in about an hour or less, and you don't need to choose hotels that are centrally located.

I strongly recommend Morgan & Mees, on the outskirts of the beautiful and romantic Jordaan area. Lovely place, super clean. Stayed there 2 times and always had an amazing time.

Re #4: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

Last spring we made a weekend getaway to Amsterdam and stayed at the NH Amsterdam Centre. The location is unbeatable, next to the Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. Its modern and the staff are excellent.

(*) This response has been translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #5: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

If you want to go sightseeing in Amsterdam and visit museums and the channels, your hotel must be between Amsterdam Central Station and the middle of the Vondelpark. Fortunately, 90% of the Amsterdam hotels are in this swath of town.

I avoid hotels next to Dam Square and the Red Light District. I’d recommend opting for something a bit farther out of the Amsterdam center, like Hotel Aalders next to the Rijksmuseum with great rooms at affordable pricing and Hotel Roemer, my favourite, close to everything but quiet with a very nice courtyard in the back, were you can relax after walking all day.

Re #6: Amsterdam hotels, what's the best place to stay in Amsterdam ?

Anywhere in the canal area would be suitable if you want to reach everything by foot.

We love Amsterdam's nightlife. Our preferred hotel when we go to Amsterdam is Kimpton De Witt, located in the heart of the city.

More questions

Things to do in Amsterdam

Best hotel deals in Amsterdam Booking.com

Booking.com

Travel Forums