Best time to go to Maldives

Which dates are the best?

I've been looking on the internet and I think January is the best. But I would like to know other opinions.

(*) This question has been translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #1: Best time to go to Maldives

A nosotros también nos aconsejaron unos amigos viajar entre diciembre y marzo. Fuimos la primera quincena de diciembre en 2017 y nos hizo un tiempo expendido, con temperaturas de 30 grados y un cielo totalmente despejado, pero dos días antes de volver el cielo se empezó a tapar y llovió con intensidad una tarde, aunque no duró mucho. Diría que el tiempo allí es un poco impredecible, pero teniendo en cuenta lo rápido que cambió de un cielo totalmente despejado a un cielo lleno de nubes, no quiero ni pensar lo que debe ser ir en la época de lluvias.

De todas maneras no te obsesiones con un mes en concreto, tal y como está el clima no tienes garantías de que no llueva aunque no sea la época de lluvias. La tormenta que te comentaba duró poco y la temperatura se recuperó a la que desaparecieron las nubes. De hecho ese día fue más molesto el viento que se levantó que la lluvia.

Saludos.

6     0      ... keep reading »

Re #2: Best time to go to Maldives

I went a few years ago in February. The Maldives have a tropical monsoon climate, with only two seasons a dry season and a wet one. If you go to the Maldives to enjoy its beaches and relax, the best time of the year to go to the Maldives is in the dry season (December-April).

I think that any of those months can be a good option. In the dry season it rains very little and the temperature is quite pleasant.

If you like to dive (or just snorkel ), the Maldives will be a paradise for you. The coral reefs are wonderful, and you can see turtles, barracudas, jacks, tuna and reef sharks (do not worry, they are harmless, in the coral reefs they have all the food they need ).

4     0      ... keep reading »

Re #3: Best time to go to Maldives

Maldives was our first option for the honeymoon trip but when we went to the travel agency they told us that since the wedding was at the end of May they did not recommend it, because according to them, although at that time of year the temperatures are pleasant the weather it is quite unstable and it is very easy for storms to form. They told us that the best time of year to go to the Maldives was between January and March, and that in any of those months the weather is usually good. I can't tell you more because in the end we decided on another destination, we still have the trip to Maldives pending.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

More questions

Best hotel deals in Maldives Booking.com

Booking.com

Travel Forums