When does the next Manhattanhenge 2018 occurs ?

Hi, I'm going to New York this summer and I've been told that I should not miss the next Manhattanhenge.

Can anyone tell me what day the Manhattanhenge occurs, and where do I have to go to see better this special sunset ?

(*) This question has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

Re #1: When does the next Manhattanhenge 2018 occurs ?

The last ManhattanHenge took place on May 29 and 30, but do not worry, this natural phenomenon takes place twice a year, in May and July. The next Manhattanhenge will take place on July 12 and 13 at 8:20 p.m.

If you can go the first day ( July 12 ) the phenomenon is better since you can see the sun completely ( Full Sun on the Grid ) but if for some reason you go the second day (July 13) do not worry, it is also very nice although you can contemplate only half of the sun ( Half Sun on the Grid ). In both cases and for about 15 minutes you can contemplate one of the most spectacular sunsets that exist and enjoy the magic of the Manhattanhenge.

To enjoy this wonderful sunset I recommend you go to one of the following streets 14, 23, 34, 42 or 57 where you will take beautiful pictures.

Although not so spectacular, another beautiful phenomenon also takes place during the sunrise on the dates close to the winter solstice around December 5 and January 8. You have to keep in mind that as with the solstices and the equinoxes the dates shifts a bit and are not exactly the same each year.

(*) This response has been automatically translated ( see the original text in spanish ).

3     0      ... keep reading »

Things to do in New York

Best hotel deals in New York Booking.com

Booking.com

Travel Forums